Everyone has been anxiously waiting for the Straight Outta Compton film to premiere, and one person that was extremely influenced and inspired by the film was Dr. Dre himself!
Dre was so inspired by the movie that he felt the need to make an album. The new album is set to be released August 7th entitled Compton A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre.
So far everything about this album has been kept under wraps and the announcement was unexpected. Fans wondered what had happened to the Detox album, but that one never came – according to Dre, he just wasn’t feeling it, it wasn’t good enough. Luckily for fans, Dre was inspired by the forthcoming film and decided he needed to get back in the studio for one last album and as Dre puts it, this will be his grand finale.
You can pre-order the album on iTunes here. Below is the track listing including the features on the tracks.
1. Intro ft. Dr. Dre
2. Talk About It ft. King Mez & Justus
3. Genocide ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4. It’s All On Me ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5. All In a Day’s Work ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6. Darkside/Gone ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7. Loose Cannons ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8. Issues ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9. Deep Water ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10. One Shot One Kill ft. Snoop Dogg & Jon Connor
11. Just Another Day ft. Asia Bryant & The Game
12. For the Love of Money ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13. Satisfiction ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14. Animals ft. Anderson Paak
15. Medicine Man ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16. Talking To My Diary ft. Dr. Dre